https://www.urban-balance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/urban_balance_logo_transparent2.png 0 0 Urban Balance https://www.urban-balance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/urban_balance_logo_transparent2.png Urban Balance2023-05-14 14:17:002023-06-09 17:00:09Meet Lizzy Gamberdella
- How long have you been with Urban Balance? I began teaching chair yoga with Urban Balance in June 2022.
- What part of the country do you teach/present from? I teach from my home base of Santa Barbara, CA.
- What services do you offer? Along with chair yoga, I regularly teach Classical Ashtanga, Hatha, Vinyasa and Restorative yoga classes in person in my hometown. I work for a well-known yoga school in California, where I assist within an Advanced Studies (Yoga Teacher Training 300-Hour) program, lead weekly morning pranayama and meditation classes and teach chair yoga for their online studio. One of my favorite services is working one-on-one with yoga clients as a yoga therapist! I offer consultations in Ayurvedic medicine and Reiki sessions as well. I am also a special education teacher, a profession I only recently left.
- Name one fun or unexpected fact about you.
Je parle français! Or at least I used to. I lived and spent a year of college in France.
- What are some of your favorite pastimes/hobbies? I am definitely not wanting for pastimes or hobbies. In fact, I wish I had more time to do them all. I love to see the world and find new places exhilarating! I love art and studied painting in college. Bright colors in nature make me happy and you’ll often catch me taking walks around the lake near my house, gazing at the moon and stars, or smelling the roses. I have had my nose buried in a book since I was a child. I’ve competed in triathlons, (almost) ran the Boston marathon (broke my leg 2 weeks before the race), kickboxed, and surfed, but you won’t catch me spending too much time in the murky depths of the ocean – I’m terrified of the creatures! These days, I mostly love time with my three kids and my yoga practice, and I have dreams of living on a farm.
- What’s one experience you’re hoping to have in 2023?
This is the year I hope to start my “yoga farm!” Stay tuned…
Head to our team page to learn more about Lizzy!