- How long have you been with Urban Balance?
Since the fall of 2022
- What part of the country do you teach/present from?
- What services do you offer?
I teach plant-centered cooking to groups in person and virtually. I cover a wide range of topics, everything from Seasonal Cooking to Healthy Holiday Holiday Classics to Setting Intentional and Realistic Health Goals. All of my classes emphasize eating more plants – we know vegetables are where it’s at! And we’ll eat them more if we know simple, fast, super delicious ways to prepare them.
- What do you love most about teaching in the corporate wellness sphere?
I LOVE seeing my students become more engaged over the course of our time together and get psyched over tips and tricks they learn. Or a new way to eat cabbage. Seems so silly, but you would not believe the oohs and aahs over how delicious a humble vegetable like cabbage can be.
- What are some of your favorite pastimes/hobbies?
Rock climbing outdoors! Climbing gets me to see places in nature I wouldn’t otherwise visit, it’s social, fun, and good for my mental and physical health.
- How would you describe yourself/your teaching style?
My teaching style is casual, passionate, and interactive. I love engaging with my students and having class be conversational.
Learn more about Lauren on our team page.